Breach happens. Terms matter.
Contract issues are some of the most commonly litigated disputes among businesses. Our team of skilled litigators has resolved hundreds of these disputes. We understand how a successful resolution can positively impact your business.
When we take a breach of contract case, we become experts in the subject matter of the contract while applying our vast experience in contract cases. Our attorneys represent plaintiffs and defendants in matters involving employment contracts, service agreements, contracts for commercial goods, distribution contracts, stock purchase agreements, shareholder contracts, and more.
In the first month of 2014 alone, for example, Anthony Ostlund attorneys represented clients in jury trials on two breach of contract matters and obtained favorable verdicts for both.
We have a proven track record of prevailing in contract litigation cases nationwide. By way of example:
- Obtained a $30 million judgment against a California-based software developer and its owner for breach of a software contract.
- Prevailed in federal district court and at the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals in lease dispute over former AMC Showplace movie theater in "Block E" in Minneapolis, which allowed Anthony Ostlund's client to move forward with redevelopment plans. Read more
- Obtained a unanimous $878,000 jury verdict for its client after an eight-day jury trial in a breach of contract case involving a contract for the development of certain property on the North Shore of Lake Superior.
- Successfully resolved a contract dispute for St. Paul Pioneer Holdings, Inc., a historic landmark in St. Paul, Minnesota, against U.S. Bank due to the bank's failure to maintain the building in "first class condition."
- Achieved favorable resolution of claims under the Uniform Commercial Code for alleged breaches of warranty against our international client, the manufacturer of a key ingredient used to process chicken.