Dedicated to your success.
When you face a securities or financial products dispute, you want a legal team willing and able to advocate aggressively on your behalf. We represent investment managers, broker dealers, brokers, corporate officers, and underwriters in various securities disputes. With offices based in Minneapolis, MN, we are able to represent plaintiffs and defendants in securities litigation and arbitration in all corners of the United States.
We handle securities fraud actions, broker-dealer arbitrations, mortgage-backed securities disputes, and shareholder derivative cases. Our extensive trial and arbitration experience in a wide variety of disciplines gives us an understanding of how to present the strongest argument. This unique knowledge is invaluable to our clients on either side of the table.
If you are facing a securities case, contact our Minneapolis law firm to speak with one of our attorneys about your options.
Anthony Ostlund has vast and wide-reaching securities experience with all kinds of various securities matters, including:
- Obtained two of the largest arbitration awards in mass hiring or employee “raiding” claims filed in the FINRA arbitration forum ($16.2 million and $10 million awards, respectively, in John G. Kinnard & Co. v. Dain Rauscher Inc. and Miller Johnson Steichen Kinnard v. Northland Securities, Inc.).
- Represented Dougherty Financial Group, in defense of numerous securities fraud claims brought by customers or institutional investors, including claims related to municipal bond underwritings in Oregon (golf course development) and Iowa and Minnesota (housing development), all of which resulted in favorable resolutions.
- Represented Piper Jaffray & Co. in a wide variety of matters relative to the offer and sale of securities including the defense of many securities fraud claims brought by customers in the FINRA (formerly NASD) arbitration forum.
- Represented Piper Jaffray & Co. in a wide variety of employment-related disputes, disputes with other financial firms and disputes with state and local securities regulators, including FINRA and the SEC.
- Defended several Piper Jaffray executives in a substantial administrative claim brought against the firm and some current and former employees by the Montana securities commissioner.
- Defended class action or mass claims brought against securities underwriters. Examples include defense of John G. Kinnard & Co. in several fraud-based class actions (In re Citi-Equity Sec. Litig.; David Paul, et.al v. John G. Kinnard & Co.) in Minnesota state court, and the defense of Capital Solutions Distributors and its principals in a securities fraud claims brought by about 50 investors in Minnesota federal district court.
- Represented a Texas bank that was a victim of a Ponzi scheme perpetrated by a local loan originator.
- Represented numerous broker dealers in defense of claims brought by employees, former employees or customers and in litigation with other financial services firms, including litigation relative to trade secrets, non-competition agreements, and employee "raiding.".
- Represented plaintiffs who have sued brokerage and investment banking firms for securities fraud and have obtained multi-million dollar arbitration awards or settlements.